Gurudev Shri Samantabhadra Maharaj:
Brief Life Biography
Home Name: Devchand Kasturchand Shah
Father’s Name: Kasturchand Khemchand Shah
Mother: Kankubai Kasturchand Shah
Birth Date: Margashir Vidya 1, Div. December 19, 1979
Birth place: Karmala, Dist. Solapur (Maharashtra)
Four brothers – 1. Ramchand, 1. Shivlal, 1. Devchand (venerable Gurudev Shri), 9. Hirachand (childhood paradise) and three sisters – 1. Phuluben, 1.Chanchalabane, 1. Mathuraben.
Primary Education – Karamala, Dudhani
Secondary Education – Northcourt High School, Solapur
College Education – 1. Ferguson College, Poona Baroda (Inter exam),
1. Wilson College, University of Mumbai 1909 (English, Sanskrit),
2. Religious Education – Jain Propagation Committee,Jaipur (Pt. Shri Arjun Lallaji Sethi)
Pledge of Brahmacharya: Lifetime – Kunthalgiri (1949) with Hutatma Motichand Lifetime Image – Muktagiri (1929) Pt. Mr.Devakinandaji, Carranza Gurukul Parivar Visiting
Diksha: ___ Marg Title Pure 1, Shake 1,,
Monday 2 November 1969, Beawar (Rajasthan)
Good afternoon – Charitrachakravarti Acharya Shri Shantisagarji Maharaj
Munidiksha: Friday November 7, 1969
With Blessings of – Munivarya Shri 108 Vardhmanasagarji Maharaj (His elder initiated by Acharya Shri Shantisagar )
Life-Goal: आदहिदं कादव्वं जई सक्कई परहिदं च कादव्वं ।
(Must be discharged according to strength with self interest.)
1.न धर्मो धार्मिकैर्विना । ( Do not do religion without religion.)
२. ज्ञानेन पुंसां सकलार्थसिद्धिः।
३. उन्नतं मानसं यस्य भाग्यं तस्य समुन्नतम् । (Best of luck with the best of luck! Most Holy Work:
‘Jain Balotejak Samaj’ –
Inaugurated by Lokmanya Tilak February 8, 1979 the following for the protection of Indian education system and labor culture
Establishment of Jain Gurukulas.
- Shri Mahavir Brahmacharyasram, Karanja, Dist. Washim
- Shri Kunkubai Shravikashram, Karanja, Dist. Washim
- Shri Baahubali Brahmacharyasram, Baahubali, Dist. Kolhapur
- Shri Parshvanath Brahmacharyasram, Stavanidhi, Dist. Belgaum
- Shri Digambar Jain Gurukul, Solapur
- Shree Parshvanath Jain Gurukul, Khuai (MP)
- Shri Bhujbali Brahmacharyasram, Karkal (S. Karnataka).
- Shri Gurukul Seva Mandal, Karanja
- Shri Bharatesh Gurukul, Bellad Bagewadi, Dist. Belgaum
- Shri Parshwanath Brahmacharyasram, Ellora, Dist. Aurangabad
- Shri Baahubali University, Baahubali, Dist. Kolhapur
- Shri Jinsenacharya Gurukul, Teradal, Dist. Bagalkot 1929.
- Shri Deshbhushan-Kulbhushan Brahmacharyasram, Kunthalgiri, Dist. Osmanabad (revived)
Library Publishing Organization:
- Shri Sanmati Publications, Baahubali
- Shri Kankubai Religious Textbook, Karanja
- Shri Mahavir Gyanopasana Samiti, Karanja
- Shri Kahinat Research Station, Baahubali
- Jain Culture Guardian Association, Jivraj Jain Library, Solapur (Concept & Inspiration)
Literature Sales Center:
1. Mahavir Book Depot, Karanja
2. Bharatesh Book Store, Baahubali
3. Parshwanath Brahmacharyasram, Ellora
1. Bharat Vash Digambar Jain pilgrimage committee
Bhadrashishi Munishri Aryanandji, Munshree Mahabal Maharaj etc. Tyagi for inspecting and collecting polar funds, inspiration and guidance to the activists.
2.The spread of Namakar Mahamantra in the house.
3.Jinwani Swadhyay Prasad Mandal
4. Inspiration and guidance of the brave Seva Dal workers.
5.Religious education, rites and cultural camps and Worker training, worship training camp etc. Notable inspiration and guidance: Indian Year Jain Pilgrimage Committee, Mumbai
6. Many Education Society, Baramati Jaisingpur College, Jaisingpur ४. Alok Pannalal Digambar Jain School, Solapur
7. Shri Kundakund Digambar Jain Tirthasuraksha Trust, Mumbai
Religious Law: Shri Holy Area 28 feet high statue of Bahubali in Bahubali.
The construction of replicas of sacred pilgrimages with the statues of Baahubali with Jinn statue. Karanja, Baahubali, Elora, Stavanidhi, Bellad Baghewadi
Construction of temples and replicas at places etc. Numerous Panchalakalanas, the High Priestesses, altar pratishtas, institutes of charanpadu etc. activities. ४. Vol. Mahavir’s 7th Nirvana Festival,
Anniversary celebration, rathotsav etc celebrations:
Nirvan Tithi: Shravan 1, August 3, 1969